Exams are one of the worst parts of college life. Here are a few fun ways to beat away pre and post exam blues and stress…
These will help you unwind, cheer you up and maybe even make you laugh a bit. Remember it’s important to study but it’s as important to stay sane during this time!
Try these out when you have a few minutes to spare or during your study breaks.
1. Listen to your favorite song LOUDLY. It only takes 3-5 minutes and will make you feel better instantly.
2. Candy crush? Temple run? Angry birds? Play a round of your favorite mobile game. Don’t overdo it and get addicted to them though!
3. Walk around the room while studying. It’ll help you concentrate and stretch your legs.
4. Get out and breathe in some fresh air. It does wonders for the mind, body and soul and will uplift your spirits.
5. Call up your BFF, mom, dad, sister, brother; basically anyone who can lift up your spirits, make you laugh. Have a quick chat with them for five minutes.
6. Meditate; sit cross-legged on the floor and close your eyes. Don’t think of anything or think of something really happy that makes you smile. Five minutes is good enough!
7. Find the nearest staircase and run up and down for five minutes – it’ll make you feel SOOOOOO much better!
8. Breathe – deeply and slowly. Do this every hour for two minutes.
9. Go on to the rooftop or someplace where you can be alone and let out one loud scream.
10. List down five things you love about life.
11. Eat a piece of chocolate or some other food that gives you an instant high.
12. Grab some coffee / green tea / tea and sit down outside your room with that cup for 10 minutes. Don’t look at your book or study. Just stare into space – don’t think and if you do want to think – try some happy thoughts!
13. Listen to the song “Don’t worry be happy!”
14. Ease out the stress and muscle tension by taking a few minutes to stretch out periodically. Just get up and move those hands and legs; it’ll give you instant relief.
15. Think about what you’re going to do once the exams are over.
Share with us in the comments section which of these worked for you and if you have any more you’d like to add to the list.